Friday, October 2, 2009

02 Oct. 09

Two things this morning:

1) Having enough food in me does affect the level of dizziness. The last two days I've made sure I've had regular meals plus a few snacks, and the symptom has decreased significantly. This has been difficult to accomplish in light of a decreased appetite which I can only attribute to the meds. But, I've found a solution; and I don't really think I'm eating any more that I was prior to going on these meds.

2) The joint pain has gotten so bad that I have not been able to sleep very well, or for very long. I contacted my physician and we are cutting back on the Diovan by 50% dosage. If my joint pain is not better by Monday then we'll likely go with another med.

Also, for about the last week I've had the faintest sense of smelling ammonia. This is entirely new. There isn't any in my house, I'm not around any, and yet I smell it at various times. I'm talking while in my car, at school, in the shower, walking outside, wherever. It's weird...and I'll be the first to say that. I may be simply be imagining it; I just don't know. Like I stated in an earlier post, I want to avoid conjuring up symptoms that don't really exist, so I just don't know what to make of this. If my smelling ammonia continues, I'm sure I'll be chatting with my doc about it.
If I find out more I'll let you know.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment