Wednesday, October 28, 2009

28 Oct. 09

Had my Nephrology visit yesterday. Here's what happened:

-My BP is excellent at 120/84 both standing and sitting. That's outstanding!

-After discussing what continues to go on with my meds, I am off the Benicar all together. Once that is out of my system, I'll start taking another med called Amlodipine (sp?). I'm told it is benign other than possibly causing edema in the legs.

-The doctor is also going to place me on Sodium Bicarbonate tablets to help with possible toxin buildup in my blood. This in turn will help me to have more energy so the malaise will (hopefully) be a thing of the past.

-My doctor wasn't surprised at my smelling ammonia. He said he sees it every once in a while. This is a result of toxins in the blood. The sodium bicarb may help to reduce this, as well.

-My lack of appetite was expected. It's just a part of the disease. As I feel better and as I get more active, my appetite should increase [though I may not return to my previous food intake].

-Lastly, my labs were only very slightly worse than a month ago. In other words, the disease has progressed, but very slightly. The doctor was not alarmed by anything in the blood work...which is great!

So, my first month of baseline numbers has been established, and things are about the same as last month.

I am looking forward to getting my head cleared up and out of the perpetual fog it has been in. Hopefully I'll be able to start working out soon. That would be awesome!

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment