Friday, October 9, 2009

09 Oct. 09

I've been on the Benicar now for four full days.

The joint pain I experienced with the Diovan is pretty much gone. The extreme dizziness, too.

I am having zero apparent side effects with the Benicar. They may yet show up, but at least I'm far enough into the dosing to know that my chances of having any side effects diminish with every passing day.

Still feeling tired; but this may simply be a S/S of the PCKD. No worries there so long as it doesn't interfere with what I want to do from day to day.

I am still smelling the ammonia, though. Not constantly...but frequently enough to be concerned. I especially notice it immediately after I've burped (on an empty stomach)--then it is pretty strong. I've got some inquiries floating around "out there" that should provide some sort of answer.

I found a site that does a good job explaining the generalities of Chronic Kidney Disease. It is by a physician associated with the University of Rochester Medical Center. It has a PowerPoint presentation on all sorts of facts regarding CKD. It also covers various pharmacology's, their chemical makeups, etc...Technical stuff most of you will have no clue about. But take a look anyway. You might find some info you didn't know. The address is:

http://www.thedrugmonitor.com/RIT2007-SLIDES.pdf

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment