Tuesday, October 6, 2009

06 Oct. 09

Well, after one day on the Benicar I can report that I've had few side effects thus far. A little bit of dizziness going on most of the day, but nothing too bad. If I'm going to get any side effects it will probably be a few days before they show up.

Had my weekly physical therapy today (for my back). I see a chiropractor for my PT. In Utah all chiropractors have to be MD's. In addition to all of his medical knowledge, my physical therapist uses alternative healing practices in his treatments. My usual PT routine consists of E-Stim followed by Acupuncture (and micro current), chiropractic adjustment, and occasional Chi balancing.

Last week he was telling me that he has used FSM (Frequency Specific Micro current) to successfully treat ovarian cysts. I thought, 'OK. The worst that will happen is nothing.' So, we started that therapy today with an electrical frequency specific to kidney's and polycystic disease. This is a long-term treatment, so there won't be any miraculous results in a quick fashion. Any improvement of kidney function or lessening of the sheer number of cysts would be a good thing. And if if doesn't work, I haven't wasted anything. It's worth a try!

**If you are thinking of doing any alternative treatments please be sure the doctor treating you is certified and up-to-date on the procedures. My doctor (for PT) is constantly learning new treatments, going to recert courses, and researching the benefits of the treatments he uses. Before you decide to try any alternative treatments you must consult with your primary physician before starting! I did...he (my primary physician) advised against one therapy (which I'm not doing), and left it up to me on this one.**

Still not regular about getting to classes. Side effects have been kicking my butt. Hopefully most of the things I've been experiencing were due to the Diovan; which would mean I could get back to my normal routine; which would be really nice! I'll be sure to let you know.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment