Monday, October 26, 2009

26 Oct. 09

I started back up on the Benicar on Saturday. I have also returned to feeling dizzy and nauseated most of the time. Even though I'm on a half dose, the effects are still kicking my butt.

I've got my scheduled Dr's appointment tomorrow. I've got my list of things to talk with him about. For sure I need to do something about my meds. I'm being relegated to a life at home right now, and I definitely don't want that. Too much to do. Too much to do.

I forgot to mention that during my visit last week I asked if taking vitamins was OK. The doctor asked specifically what type because he's had patients who take handfuls of all sorts of shapes and sizes [of whatever things they take] thinking it does a load of good, when in actuality the kidneys (apparently) have to work harder to filter all the stuff they ingest, thereby actually causing harm to their already damaged kidney's.

Anyway, I assured him I wanted to be taking a 1-a-day vitamin, which he said was fine. So, in spite of eating insufficiently, I'm getting all the essential nutrients I need on a daily basis. Getting enough food is another matter; but at least I've got the essential metabolics taken care of.

Also, I should know tomorrow the results of my recent lab work. We'll know if any disease progression has occurred. I'll be sure to post any relevant information.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment