Tuesday, October 20, 2009

20 Oct. 09

The dizziness, etc. continued throughout the day.

My Nephrologist asked me to go in to do a BP check. When I arrived, he had scheduled me in for an early appointment to address the med side effects. We went through a number of tests and questions to see if there were any contributing factors--none were relevant.

My BP today is 140/80 (sitting) and 122/84 (laying). So my BP is under control...a very good thing!

Then I was laid in a recumbent position for five minutes, then stood up. I immediately got overwhelmingly dizzy, nearly blacked out, and luckily had two doctors there to keep me on my feet--otherwise, I would have crumpled to the floor! (not so good!)

In the end we decided to go completely off the Benicar for two days; then starting Friday go on a 50% dose. Hopefully this works so I can get back to life. I'll know in a few days. Also, I've got my scheduled appointment with my doc next Tuesday so if things are still off, we can address it right then.

Had to do a re-draw on my blood work I did yesterday because whoever inputted the orders into the computer, they listed a Hepatic panel instead of a Renal panel. No big deal. It happens. What's another needle stick or two?

Lastly, I have gotten the chills twice in the last three days. I'm talking in a 70 degree house. The first time I was so cold I was actually shivering and it took about half an hour to warm up. For me, this is not normal. My Hypothalamus works overtime--all the time. I can go without a coat on a windy, 25 degree day. This happening may only be an adjustment by my body to the lower BP. I'll be discussing that with my doc next week.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment