Monday, October 5, 2009

05 Oct. 09

Just as I thought my doctor is taking me off the Diovan completely. (Yay!!!!)

I've been given Benicar (olmesartan medoxomil hydrochlorothiazide). It as an Angiotensive II receptor antagonist. The dosage is 52.5 mg's/day.

Side effects from Benicar could include:
-Nausea
-Dizziness
-URTI (upper respiratory tract infection)
-Abdominal pain
-Chest pain
-Back pain
-Vertigo
-Coughing
-and possible Rash

Sounds like fun! :o( We'll see. My history of side effects indicates I could have a few of these unpleasantries show up; but like always, I look to be positive that none will appear.

At least the joint pain that keeps me awake will be gone in a day or two. So on we go...to better things ahead!

I will be sure to keep you updated.
Until then...A most pleasant of days to you! :o)

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment