Wednesday, September 30, 2009

30 Sept. 09

Well, I found out today that the drug Diovan is not a calcium blocker; which means that the joint pain I am experiencing really is just a normal side effect.

I didn't make it to school today as I felt extremely tired after having had 6 hours of sleep. I was awake for about two hours then went and got another 4+ hours of sleep, and missed both classes. Unusual for me to be that tired.

I don't yet know if my body is done adjusting to the meds. Another week ought to bear that out. In the mean time, I'll do my best to keep plugging along; thinking the good thought; looking towards the future.

By the way, one of the goals I'm endeavoring towards is why I'm in college. After I complete my bachelors degree (in Political Science), I want to get a Master's and PhD in History so I can teach at the University level. With the disease busting into my life I don't know if the post-grad goals are attainable, but I still want to try nonetheless.
At the very least, that goal will help me to remain focused, positive, and forward-looking.

That's all for today.

Good Health to all!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment