Tuesday, August 31, 2010

31 Aug. 10

Wow! The end of August already. Time flies when you're having as much fun as I've been! ;o)

The last three days have remained the same constant that the previous three days had seen. Though that's not really an improvement, at least I've avoided any steep dives into overwhelming nausea, etc.

The only real change has been my edema. The edema has increased dramatically since Sunday morning. My feet actually look huge--you know, really swollen, and not having a lot of their natural appearance that I've grown accustomed to the past 47 years.
Plus, for the first time, I've noticed that the edema now goes above my knees. I know this because I was resting a heavy glass on my lower thigh (while sitting) for a number of minutes. When I removed the glass, a very visible indent remained (that was a perfect outline of the edge of the glass) for approximately 15 minutes. Yeah...edema.

I have also been sleeping longer than usual (8+ hours!). When I awaken, I have remained tired throughout the day; as if I'd been expending all my energy. This has been happening every day for nearly a week. And besides being tired, I've been feeling fatigued both mentally and physically. I don't know why the change. I'm not eating any less than [the new] normal; I'm getting more sleep than usual; There has been no unusual physical activity; My mind is in a good place; I've not had any terrible days (physically); so, I have no idea why I am so fatigued.

Been smelling noticeable ammonia again. It has been exceptionally strong. This time, I haven't even been burping--the smell has simply increased. I smell it when I breathe in and out; and it has been present as a taste in my mouth. Lovely.

Lastly, one of my interesting asides: Since getting on all of the meds, I told you how my once curly/wavy hair is now straight, and that my scalp has dried out. Well, that same dryness is hitting other areas on my head as well. I have a beard. I've had one for years. Around the time my hair lost its curl, I began having patches of dry skin on my chin. This would flake off like I had dandruff on my face.

Plus, I've had dry skin sloughing off on the inside of my earlobes; and, I get dry patches adjacent to either side of my upper nose. Weird, I know. But the fact this began happening around the same time as my hair thing...well, it's not coincidental. In order to try and do something about it, I'm using a strong moisturizing shampoo on my head, beard and the rest of my face. It seems to be helping.

That's all for now.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment