Sunday, August 29, 2010

29 Aug. 10

Overall, I've been feeling pretty consistent over the last three days. While I'm not feeling good, I've at least not felt terrible.

Thursday was a little better than the previous two or three days. My headache was down, the nausea eased up, and the edema seemed to be better. However, I had little energy throughout the day. Didn't even get any housework done. On the bright side, I hardly ate anything, so I didn't add to the dishes I had to do! Oh, the little joys in life! (Insert facetious sarcasm here!) :o)

Friday turned out to be pretty much the same; except for the fact I was actually craving a good burger. I got some errands done in the afternoon, including getting a cane for stability. When I was out, I stopped at Five Guys and got one of their burgers. For the first time in a long while, I ate something that actually tasted good! And, I actually ate above my daily average! (It was a banner day!) The only bad thing was the amount of vertigo I was experiencing as I sat there and ate. I took my time though, and actually ate about 3/4's of the burger and fries.

Yesterday was again, the same as the previous two at the outset. I had a few more errands to do, so I grabbed my cane and got about it. I'm very glad I've got the cane! I caught myself from potentially falling a number of times--which is why I purchased the cane. The rest of my day found me feeling a bit worse as the day progressed. While the nausea remained fairly muted, my energy became significantly decreased, and my headache took off on me, going from a 5 up to about an 8. So, I took things easy the rest of the day.

[So far today] I slept OK. I awoke with my headache continuing its elevated level, and the nausea more intense. However, today is the first day since my doctor visit that I have not had the sharp mid-back pain that was so prevalent after his kidney percussive test. I'll take that good news! My appetite has returned to its normal amount following Friday's burger (protein) craving.

That's it. All caught up.

Enjoy what is left of your weekend!

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment