Monday, August 16, 2010

16 Aug. 10

Had my blood drawn for my next nephrology appointment.

Besides the CBC and Renal Panel, I had orders for a Parathyroid Check and a Urinalysis. As usual, I asked to see my blood. To me, it looked darker than it has been, and cloudy.

Let's see...my last entry was about waking up Saturday morning with overwhelming nausea. After the anti-emetic wore off, the nausea returned (though not as severe as earlier), and I felt completely drained. I ate one small meal all day which consisted of about 2 cups of noodles, and a little cheese. After I ate, I regretted it for the rest of the night as the nausea bumped up its intensity. Took a half dose of the Rx anti-emetic, which helped, but did NOT take it away.

That stuck with me all day Sunday. LOTS of nausea, increased headache, eating almost nothing. Like Saturday, my "dinner" (and I use that term very loosely--more like...my one meal) set off intense nausea. Again, a half dose of the med helped; but certainly didn't take it away. Also, on Sunday I had five bouts of diarrhea; which is unusual as of late.

Today has been slightly better. The nausea (in and of itself) is decreased. However, I have been extremely dizzy most of the day and any sudden looking around brings waves of nausea. So, guess where I've been looking as much as possible...Straight ahead.

Something I find fascinating is how, with as tired and sick as I've been the last ten months, I find that the resilience of the mind is most incredible. You would think that my physical and mental fatigue would cause me to lose hope, and see only the negative. But, that's not me; not who I am. So I find strength that I did not know existed to bring peace to my mind, and hope to my heart. It's like, the longer I go, the more strength that is needed is always there. I don't know if it is faith on my part, the prayers of others, inherent strength of the human brain, or a combination of all three as well as other factors.

Whatever it is that is helping to lift and sustain me, I am grateful every day for it being there. Without it, I would be in a far worse place both mentally and physically.

That's all I've got for today. Thank you, my readers, for your continued interest and support as I travel this journey. I appreciate every one of you!

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment