Thursday, August 19, 2010

19 Aug. 10

In the three days since my last entry I've had two bad days, and one so-so day.

Tuesday found me feeling pretty much like I had all day Monday. In other words, lots of nausea, increased dizziness, steady headache, etc. The whole day just sort of came and went.

Wednesday I actually had a so-so day. The nausea was decreased until the late evening, the headache was controlled with Tylenol, the dizziness eased up enough to where I didn't feel like falling over every time I walked, and I was somewhat comfortable for most of the day. I'll take that!

Today is a nearly complete reversal of yesterday. Last night (late) I ended up taking a half dose of the anti-emetic. This helped the nausea that had significantly increased after my one meal, but didn't take it away--not even close. I ended up taking the other half dose a few hours later after not being able to sleep because of the nausea.

I got some great sleep (as is usual with that med), but awoke feeling groggy, nauseated (again!) and having a headache of 7. Since waking, the nausea has increased--I'm trying to hold out taking the anti-emetic--, and the headache has, too. Additionally, the dizziness has ramped up as well, and I am extremely unsteady on my feet.

My food intake has been poor today, and I have drunk almost no water. All in all, today has been a pretty bad day.

As I've already stated, my next Nephrology appt is this coming Monday (23 Aug). I'll be taking my usual list of things to tell my doc--something he is very pleased with (apparently most patients don't do this and try to remember, but fail to give him all relevant info). I'll write about the latest findings either Monday or Tuesday.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment