Wednesday, August 25, 2010

25 Aug. 10

On my lest entry I told you about my last doctor visit; but I forgot to tell you about my weekend.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday were all pretty much the same. All of my S/S's were elevated. I didn't sleep well all weekend, and was overall, pretty miserable throughout. My headache rated an average of an 8; my nausea was almost uncontrolled, I was shivering most of the time, and I ate very little on any of those days.

Monday was more of the same. The only difference was (again) that my mid-back was painful from where the doctor had percussed the kidneys.

Yesterday (Tuesday) was better. The nausea was decreased, the headache was up and down, and I actually had a little more to eat. However, I had five bouts of diarrhea over the course of the day; my headache ramped up in the evening to a 9, and by the end of the day the edema in my legs was visibly increased. On top of that, I slept poorly for 5 hours before being awoken by intense nausea.

I immediately took the anti-emetic (full dose). Like last time, it took over 30 minutes to start calming things down. Once it did, I took my morning Rx regimen, and forced down a little bit of food. Luckily I got that done because the anti-emetic made me sleep another 5.5 hours. But, when I awoke, the nausea was gone, and I just had to groggily outlast the lingering side effects.

My abdomen remains highly sensitive to any pressure on it. It's now been like this for about two and a half months (?). Lots of dizziness. I rarely turn only my head to look at something. Usually, I'm turning my whole body to look; though, even doing that will still lead to sudden dizziness. Along those lines, my incidents of vertigo are increasing. I had it happen when I was visiting with my doctor on Monday.

The edema today remains increased. I'm getting self-tests of 3+ Color and 12+ Rebound. Today is one of those days where I just look at my lower legs and say, "Wow! Look at how swollen my feet and shins are."

Lastly, I continue to have the pain over my kidneys that resulted from the doctor's percussion test on Monday. It is a sharp, stabbing ache that is not easily relieved. If it lasts much longer I'll be calling my doc!

And that is where things are at as of this writing. I can feel my headache ramping up, and will do something about that after I'm done here.

As always, I will keep you apprised of anything that seems unusual.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment