Friday, August 6, 2010

06 Aug. 10

Rough few days.

Since my last entry [on the 3rd], things have been mostly down for me. LOTS of nausea happening. Lots. I'm able to control it...barely. Yesterday I was withing a few minutes of taking my prescription anti-emetic when things finally decided to back off a little.

Also, lots of dizziness happening.In the last three days alone I think I've stopped myself from [potentially] falling around forty times, or so; and that is not an exxageration.

What else....

My appetite has been virtually nil. Between the nausea and the disease, I don't want any food. I know that this is exacerbating multiple symptoms, and I'm trying to at least snack; but I open the cabinets and refrigerator, stare at what's inside, and then just turn away with some sort of variation on, "Yuck."

Even my water consumption has dropped this week. Yes, I've still got the water right next to me nearly all the time; but I'll go hours without even thinking about needing to drink.

In spite of my lack of water, the edema in my legs seems to be getting a little worse. The other day I had one leg crossed over the other, and an empty glass resting against my shin for five or ten minutes. When I removed it, there was a large indent in my leg that actually stayed there for around 20 minutes before it was no longer noticeable. I did a pressure test on multiple points of both legs. The results:
Feet-- Color 2+ Rebound avg 10+
Ankles-- Color 2+ Rebound avg 7+
Shins-- Color 2+ Rebound avg 5+
Below Knees-- Color 1+ Rebound avg 2.5+ *All of these number definitely signal a large increase of the edema in my lower legs; particularly the ankles and feet.

I remain exceptionally tired all of the time. As I stated before, even after a decent night of sleep, I'll just drag all day. The brief spurts of energy I do experience I use to get things done around the house, and get personal grooming/bathing done.

I had a friend tell me a few days ago that my blogs are really reflecting how tired and worn out I am. I told her that I'm trying to NOT put that across in my blogs; but just remain factual. So, I will take her reminder for what it was intended--as a kind observation that has told me I need to be more positive, more "up." Like I am at home, some days will be better than others. In light of that, I will always write the best I can. After all, part of the reason I am writing these blogs is as a reminder to myself about what is important, and what I need to be focusing on and addressing within myself as I travel this path.

So to her I say, Thank You for the reminder. I will do better.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment