Thursday, August 12, 2010

12 Aug. 10

Two more days of the same.

While I did feel a little better on Tuesday, yesterday was a terrible day. Though my nausea wasn't uncontrollable, I felt downright horrible all day. I ate two pieces of toast all day. The nausea was so persistent that I just didn't want to eat. Additionally, my headache held steady at a 7 from the time I awoke until I went to sleep. I didn't even drink any water (aside from taking my meds) until about 11p. Anything I put in my stomach only intensified the nausea. My energy level all day was, ummm, pretty much non-existent. NOT a good day by any stretch.

Then last night as I slept, I was restless. I awoke a number of times, and felt like I still needed sleep after eight hours. Further, I awoke with my headache at an 8. Yeah...that was fun to wake up to.

This morning the nausea had backed off. I had energy again, and used it up doing housework. I began getting more nausea in the middle of my chores, so I finished up. As of this writing I still have not eaten today. Not hungry, and not willing to increase the nausea right now.

What else...

The edema in my legs is back to its new normal. 2+ on color and 5+ on rebound.

My urinary output remains down. Part of that has to do with my not drinking enough water. I'm trying to remember to drink more. On the other side of that coin, drinking more water will likely increase the edema in my legs. It's a no win scenario either way. However, the danger of dehydrating my remaining kidneys is diminished if I drink more. I don't want to trash what's left of my kidneys, so I'll continue to try to do better about consuming water.

I'll be doing a blood draw next Monday in advance of my upcoming nephrologist appointment on the 23rd. In addition to the normal labs, I am also doing a urinalysis and a parathyroid check.

That's about all for today. I believe I've remembered everything today. (???)

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment