Friday, September 3, 2010

02 Sept. 10

What a difference a day makes.

It would seem that my brief respite from major S/S's is now over. Wednesday morning I awoke feeling off [from the previous number of days]. As the day wore on, my nausea increased dramatically, and my headache came roaring back; going from a manageable 5 up to a painful 9. Also, I had three bouts of diarrhea over the course of the day, in spite of using Imodium as a means to stop it. I tried using all the usual methods to relieve both the headache and the nausea, but to no avail. I finally took the ant-emetic in the evening, as well as two T3's for my head. These two symptoms were so bad (I admittedly waited too long to take either), that full doses of both only helped to make me comfortable...barely. Even though the anti-emetic knocked me out (as it usually does), I slept poorly; waking often and turning frequently.

Today, the nausea has decreased enough that I don't need the anti-emetic--but the nausea is certainly by no means gone. I've been chewing on Tums all day, and snacking frequently. The headache has once again continued from yesterday's high of 9 without interruption. Plus, my energy was just not there today. It would seem that I am back to the full-bore S/S's once more. Not my best day; but considering the relative break I've had, I am not going to complain one bit.

My appetite continues to be minimal from day to day. I think I've already stated that I rarely eat because I'm hungry. No, I'm usually eating now because I need food in my body. I've even noticed that my snacking has gone way down. If I'm not hungry, I've got to try and remember to eat more; and with my short-term memory being what it now is, I'm forgetting to snack, drink water, etc. I can only continue to try my best.

I believe that's all for now. (At least...I believe I've remembered everything I wanted to write.)

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment