Monday, August 23, 2010

23 Aug. 10

Alright, here's the latest...

*I lost 1% function over the last two months. It’s less of a drop than I was hoping for; but it’s still inching downward.

*My BP is once again out of control. Today’s reading was 150/100 (Last visit it was 120/77).

*My bloodwork came back with mixed news (as it will do with this type of kidney disease). A number of normal blood wastes are extremely high; and others are at the top end of the normal scale.

*My RBC and WBC counts are both low. The anemia level is unchanged.

*On a urinalysis I’ve now got trace blood, and high particulates now present.

*The good news is that I am NOT developing Diabetes, Liver problems, etc.
For now, everything is solely about the kidneys.

*I’ve now got an appointment with a neurologist to see if we can figure out why my headache continues without a break for over nine months.


So where does that leave me? Well, for now, it means more waiting; more feeling terrible for even longer, and no real interventions (beyond pharmacological).

With my BP out of control again, I am increasing my Atenolol by 25 mgs/day. If no serious side effects occur, I'll up that another 25 mgs. Hopefully that will take care of the BP.

I lost just one net pound over the last two months. This does not reflect any weight gains due to edema. So, I really don't know how much weight I've actually lost.

My doctor agreed with me about using a cane whenever I'm out of the house. I'm planning on getting one later this week. With my edema increase my doc listened long and very closely to my lungs and heart. Nothing out of the ordinary as of now. My mid-back over the kidneys was palpated and both sides are painful on palpation. They still hurt me more than five hours later.

I'm finally scheduled for a neurology appointment. We can maybe figure out why my headache refuses to dissipate after nine months. That will happen on 07 Sept.

I think I've gotten everything.

So, on we go. More waiting; No relief in sight.

Gotta Hang In There!

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment