Monday, January 3, 2011

03 Jan. 2011

Happy New Year, Everyone!

It's been a while since my last entry, and I'm not feeling up to anything lengthy; so, here's my abbreviated catch-up...

-Nausea has been a constant problem. Since my last entry, I've taken four doses of Promethazine. Twice I've been awoken with terrible nausea. The other two times it just hit me out of nowhere. As a result, my food intake has been less than normal.

-The water retention (edema) in my legs and hands has not decreased. Additionally, my feet have been itching a lot, and have been terribly uncomfortable--like a heavy blanket has been laying on them and you get that restless feeling of having to move...only, moving my feet doesn't help; that feeling remains.
Saturday my wife told me my face is looking swollen as well. If true, then the edema is increasing systemically. (Not a good thing!)

-My urinary output remains consistent in volume and color. Nothing to be alarmed at yet. Also, the slight urinary incontinence (when urinating only) continues. I am now in the habit of simply waiting and being sure the flow is done.

-The pain over the kidneys has subsided about 50% or so. (That's a real relief!...no pun intended...) I'm still extremely uncomfortable in bed, or when sitting back too long; but at least the obvious pain has gone down.

-The headache is ever present, and my ability to control it has begun to be an issue. More often than not, the headache is at an 8.5-9 nearly all of the time. Even with meds, it is still breaking through and causing me pain.

-Sleep has been as messy as ever. I never know when I'll be tired. Right now, I'm getting about five hours of "sleep" per day, plus between 3-6 naps of varying lengths. There is no pattern to the naps, they just happen. I am finally getting accustomed to the idea that I will fall asleep multiple times a day. I still don't like it; but at least I am less annoyed by how much I sleep.

-For the first time in my life I am developing bags under my eyes. I have no doubt this is due to the stress my body is under, as well as the exhaustion I feel 24/7.

I can't think of anything else to write today; so, that's it.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment