Friday, January 21, 2011

21 Jan. 2011

A Few things...

First, I want to report that over the last three days my daily med intake has hit me like a hard punch in the stomach. I'm always OK at first; but withing three or four minutes, I have incredibly intense nausea slamming me, and won't let go for at least thirty minutes. This is a new development, so I'll be informing my doc about it next week [at my appointment].

Next, I had labs drawn today in advance of the above appointment. In addition to the renal panel, Parathyroid, CBC, UA, etc, the doc ordered a liver enzyme check. I'm not surprised at this because associated liver impairment is a risk factor amongst late stage PCKD patients.

My appetite has been better the last three or four days. I'm still not eating anything most of the day; but my one meal has increased from 1-1.5 cups to about 2-3 cups. This is VERY good news. I don't know if it will last; but I'll certainly take the extra food as long as I can ingest it and keep it down! (Another small victory!)

Lastly, something weird. I'm only telling you this because it is weird. Since this past Wednesday whenever I urinate, I am getting moderate bleeding of my gums. This happens ONLY when I am urinating. At all other times of the day, my gums are fine, and there is no blood. There is no pain or swelling of the gums; nothing to indicate a reason for this. I am getting plenty of fluids so it has nothing to do with dehydration. It simply happens. This could very well be coincidental; but with the blood coming into my mouth whenever I urinate...??? I know...weird. Definitely a symptom to pass along to my doctor.

That's all for now.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment