Thursday, January 20, 2011

20 Jan. 2011

The exhaustion continues without any respite.

My nausea has backed off a bit so that I am able to eat again; which is a very good thing. However, I have felt a number of times the past few days that the overwhelming nausea is just a breath away--as if I do one wrong thing and the nausea will just explode. So, for a few days now I have been successfully keeping the nasty stuff at bay. (Remember...small victories!)

On the headache front, my average usage of the T3 is now 3.25/day. Of course, being an average, there are days when I take less, and others that I take more. Over the last few days, I have been taking less as the headache has decreased its intensity to about a solid 8. (Yay!)

Dizziness and incidents of vertigo remain high. Also, over the last four days or so I have been losing my balance frequently when standing, or when moving slowly. I'm not completely losing my balance, mind you; it's as if I've stumbled over something on the floor and must catch myself. That's really the best I can describe it.

My urinary flow remains somewhat consistent. There are times when my bladder feels really full, but the total output is not what my body tells me is there. Other things I have to look at regularly include color (good right now), odor (very bad right now), cloudiness (moderate) and how much it foams up on impact with the toilet water (a lot right now). I will be telling my doctor all about these things on my visit next week.

The edema throughout my body will not decrease. It's the same 24/7. This one definitely has me concerned. As previously mentioned, as the edema becomes systemic, the chances of developing cardiopulmonary edema increases as well. So far I am not having chest pains, nor am I struggling to breath. However, whenever I lie down, my heart pounds and I have to breathe deeply a number of times. This goes on for over 15 minutes after going to bed.

I'm still cold...well, frozen is a better word. I do what I can to get warm, then put up with what I can't change. (Summertime get here soon!)

Everything else remains as I have been reporting it.

My apologies for not being more consistent in my entries. I'm really trying to be better. Most of the time I simply forget (so goes my brain lately). Other times I am just too tired to think and type anything. As always, I will continue to try my best about regular entries.

Let's have a few more better days!

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment