Thursday, January 13, 2011

13 Jan. 2011

The "break" was nice while it lasted.

Monday was alright as well...and thank goodness for that because my birthday was on Monday. We had a few guests for dinner, and I was able to laugh and smile and enjoy the evening.

Tuesday started to show another regression of the major S/S's. The nausea ticked up, the headache increased, the edema worsened and my exhaustion continued to get stronger.

I did go see my PT doc on Tuesday morning--my first visit in three months--and he immediately stated how swollen my face is, and how completely fatigued I appear. We discussed how everything is going and what I can still expect. He wishes that he could do more for me; but that is out of his scope of practice. At least I have a second opinion regarding the edema reaching my face. So, it would definitely appear that it has indeed become systemic; as I already suspected.

Throughout Tuesday I began to feel worse and worse. By the end of the day I had taken three naps and was told that I looked miserable. Mentally I was OK...I just looked terrible. Also, because of how I felt, I didn't eat anything that might be considered substantial. I snacked on a few things and that was it.

Wednesday was more of the same. I awoke feeling exactly as when I went to sleep. (At least sleeping helps me get that mental break [from feeling lousy all the time] so that I am better able to handle the conscious struggle I must live every day). Anyway, I ended up taking a three hour nap (my only nap of the day) after being awake for about four hours. When I woke up from the nap, my headache was completely out of control, raging at a 10. I immediately downed one T3, then another 45 minutes later after the first hardly touched the headache.

I then ate some hot cereal (my first food of the entire day) and just endured the headache-- which by now had decreased to a 9 -9.5)--another three hours; at which time I could safely take another T3, followed by another an hour later. Even with all the meds in me, the headache was only down to an 8.5. So, I took my nighttime meds and went to bed for the night. My sleep was restless again (as usual now), but at least I awoke today with the headache somewhat under control again, at a solid 9.

So, more headaches, more exhaustion, increased systemic edema, and decreased food intake.....sounds like a winning combination! ;o)

Anyway, that's the update. Things are seemingly progressing in the direction we need them to...downhill--which is actually a good thing. At least the weather here is warming from 10 degrees to about 30...which helps me not be quite so frozen!

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment