Wednesday, September 22, 2010

22 Sept. 2010

It's been a pretty rough few days.

Sometime on Monday my nausea began an uptick in intensity and duration. Along with it, my avg. headache level increased from 6 to 8. Other S/S's also increased such as vertigo, general dizziness, increased cloudiness (particulates) of my urine, increased blurriness of vision, decreased appetite, greater abdominal sensitivity, increased insomnia, etc.

Then yesterday (Tuesday) everything I'd been feeling on Monday intensified even further. I ate just one small sandwich all day (which, of course, made me feel even worse!), plus one small float for extra sugars so I could get at least a little bit of energy. That was all I ate all day. No kidding. The one time I did eat (that sandwich) I had the now inevitable abdominal reaction before I was halfway done. I'll be honest...it sucked; and even though I needed the food, I regretted eating because it put me on the edge until a half dose of the anti-emetic was able to calm everything down.

I can hear some readers out there asking why I didn't take the anti-emetic sooner. Well, I use that med as a last resort. Because of how it makes me feel hours after taking it, I just don't like using it unless everything else fails to take care of the nausea. Even so, I'm only taking a half dose because a full dose of the promethazine kicks my butt for as much as 12-14 hours. Again...Last Resort to keep me from vomiting.

Anyhow, even with the anti-emetic I was up all night, then got just five hours sleep before being awoken by both nausea and headache. Meds for both were utilized right after I woke up, followed by my normal Rx regimen. I tried eating something sooner than 7p, and had to stop after the very first bite. I didn't try again until 8p. My time today was spent just trying to get through the day. No matter what I was doing, or whether I was sitting or laying, I just felt horrible all day. I don't really know another worthwhile or better adjective to describe what I had to get through today. It was one of my worst complete days, yet.

So, that's all the energy (or the inclination) I've got for writing tonight. Hopefully I'll awaken feeling better, more refreshed, and in a far better mindset than I am right now.

...Just a tough day.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment