Monday, September 13, 2010

13 Sept. 10

Because of all the sleep I got on Friday, I wasn't able to sleep until 10A om Saturday.

I then set my alarm for just five hours of sleep, which I followed. When I awoke, the nausea had returned, though not as intense as on Friday. It stayed with me all day. I ate very little because of it, but had extra water and a couple of Coke floats to at least get liquid and some sugars into my body for fuel. Also, my headache remained a constant 6 all day. Nothing terrible--just always there, hurting and bothering me.

Yesterday (Sunday) was about the same. The only real differences were that I actually took a chance and got a little food down--twice--and the edema in my legs looked less than the previous number of days. However, as the night progressed, the nausea intensified, and I ended up taking a half dose of the anti-emetic before going to bed.

Today has, so far, been a repeat of the last two days. Overall, I'm feeling pretty lousy.

There was something else I wanted to add today...but I just can't think of it; which is frustrating for me. I am used to having a quick, strong mind with a near photographic memory. Before having the PCKD S/S's fully emerge, I was a 3.70 GPA student; and my professors were excited about my very near future in Political Science. Now, my short term memory is shot; I have to think harder on basic concepts, my spelling is atrocious (thank goodness for spell-check!), and my frustrations with even simple tasks are mounting. I just try to remember that this is only temporary, and that once I receive a transplant, my mind will snap back into place and I'll take off towards my goals (and actual living!) once again.

Patience.

Patience. I'll be there again...

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment