Friday, July 30, 2010

30 July 10

I'm in a bit of a holding pattern.

I haven't gotten worse over the last three days; but I haven't gotten better, either. To start, my tiredness continues all day, every day. In fact just this [late] morning, after seven uninterrupted hours of sleep, I had to force myself to get out of bed, then dragged myself around for most of the afternoon before the tiredness subsided...somewhat.

Next, the headache has continued without a break. The last three days, it has averaged a 7 on my scale. Though I still try to break the headache, I am also resigned to the fact that it may not go away so long as I'm dealing with the whole kidney thing. So, I am also just trying (sometimes quite unsuccessfully) to keep it under some sort of control.

The nausea continues to be ever present. Taking meds and eating always exacerbate the nausea. My whole abdomen remains sensitive to both pressure and weight of any amount. Aside from last Monday's episode, I have been able to keep the nausea from getting overwhelming. Even though I don't like how the anti-emetic makes me feel, I sure am glad I have it for when I need the extra help.

The edema in my lower legs remains at 5+, depending on the day. Both feet have looked bloated the last two days, and the skin on each foot has had a lot if itchiness. I've been able to test the edema up to the head of the Tib/Fib (just below the knee). There, the edema measures only a 2+; but it IS present.

My urine output still lags well behind my fluid intake. Based on my increased edema, it would seem that the diuretic isn't able to maintain any equilibrium between intake and output. I am going to speculate (only) that this is because I'm losing more kidney function. I'll know in a few weeks.

I think that was all I wanted to tell you about today. Wish I could remember for sure.

Anyway, have a great weekend, everyone!

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment