Monday, July 19, 2010

19 July 10

(Big breath in....) Whew!

Wow, have I been feeling bad!

The worst part right now, is the headache. It's been a consistent 9 on my scale. Day, night, hungry, fed...it doesn't matter. The headache is constantly there, affecting everything else. I think this, more than anything else, really hammers at my resolve to be strong against the negativity that can sweep through my mind...Resolve I need to carry on in spite of how I feel from day to day.

As far as everything else, the nausea and all else continues as they have been the last four weeks. Not a whole lot of fun. My food intake remains poor, at best. Yesterday I ate one meal. No snacks or anything like that...just dinner. I've also been noticing that when I feel this bad, my liquid intake has been dropping as well. This is not a good thing. I certainly don't need to precipitate dehydration. This could severely damage what's left of my kidneys; so I'm trying to make a conscious, concerted effort to be sure I am drinking enough water.

I am seriously starting to consider using a cane whenever I'm walking somewhere. Over the last six weeks or so, as the disease progresses and my body weakens, I have been experiencing increasingly frequent periods of dizziness and/or imbalance when I walk or even stand for more than a few minutes. It has me extremely concerned that I'll lose my balance and have a ground level fall. I've already spoken with my PT doc, and he agrees that it might be a necessary adjunct.

That's all for today...I think...

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment