Saturday, July 10, 2010

10 July 10

Two more days of the very same.

I awoke today feeling better; to the point of thinking the worst was over. However, as the day has progressed, so have the symptoms. In a brief moment of weakness, let me just say that this sucks!

All right...on to what's been happening. Well, first, the edema in my legs has increased at least 33% over the last two days. I am able to leave +5 (+) indents on my feet, ankles, lower leg and knees. This is NOT a good thing. My headache is currently at about a 6 with pain meds. Not good. I have eaten just two meals in the last four days. Why? It kinda goes like this: I'm nauseated, so I don't want to eat; not even a snack. When I do eat, I get nauseated, which doesn't let up for a couple of hours after eating. Most of the time, I'm not even hungry because of the nausea. Sounds like fun, doesn't it?

Anyway, I continue to be tired all the time--even after sleeping 5-7 hours. My body continues to just feel blah. You know, no energy, no rush of adrenaline to get me going, etc. Just blah. I try to push through it as best I can. Some days I am successful, and do work around the house. Other days, I get nothing accomplished. Speaking of this one, ever since I started feeling this way over two weeks ago (?), I haven't been on a single walk. Again, I just don't have the energy.

With the edema increase I am paying attention to my heart and lungs. One of the things the edema will do is cause problems in both vital organs. I certainly don't want fluid build-up in my lungs or around my heart, or have my heart working too hard because of increased vascular pressure. If the edema continues to worsen, I will be calling my nephrologist in short order.

My urinary output continues to be far less than my fluid intake (this is with the daily diuretic use). There is no evidence of kidney stones, UTI's, or blood in my urine. I don't have trouble urinating, or anything else. I really have been fortunate in this area, thus far.

As time goes on my short term memory is getting worse. My wife has to sometimes remind me to take meds, make phone calls, ask a question about something, etc. To say this is frustrating for me would be an understatement. Also, as I've been feeling worse, my voice has inexplicably become raspy and weak. This one could simply be happening because of not feeling well over an extended period of time.

I think that's all I wanted to mention today--I don't remember for sure.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment