Saturday, July 17, 2010

17 July 10

Once again, the break was nice while it lasted.

I started going downhill again on Thursday evening. It started with nausea and the increasing of my headache.
Ever since, the symptoms have been sliding just like before. I spent all day yesterday feeling just awful, with mid-back pain, headache, nausea, a strong ammonia smell and taste, and, aside from liquids, eating nothing until nearly 9 PM. Then, I was up until sunrise with intense nausea.

Today I finally got the anti-emetic I've been wanting to get. It is Promethazine 25m. It is a first-generation H1 receptor antagonist of the phenothiazine chemical class used medically as an antihistamine anti-emetic. Like I stated earlier, I sure hope it helps when I have another night like last night. I'll let you know how it works!

Still have no energy--surprise there! Between the disease, the anemia and my lack of food, this is no big shocker. I don't know how much weight I've lost, but all of my clothes are starting to hang on me. In fact, I'll have to start wearing a belt because of this...something I don't want to do because anything on my abdomen (high or low) that adds pressure, causes me to experience intense nausea and extreme discomfort. I can't even rest my own hand on my abdomen!

I think that's all I wanted to pass on today. I hope that you, my readers are doing exceptionally well in your lives! Remember, if you have any questions for me, please feel free to leave a comment; I will answer back as a comment as well.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment