Wednesday, October 19, 2011

19 October 2011

I ended up falling asleep shortly after finishing up that last blog entry for (I believe) a good three plus hour nap.

Every day since that last entry I have also slept at least three hours in the afternoon. Usually the nap has been preceded by an hour or two of sleepiness and nodding off. My naps have been, in respective order, 3+, 3, 3, 4, 5, and 4. Additionally, my nightly sleep has been inconsistent in duration and quality.

I've also been awoken twice because of nausea, and once for intense leg cramps on both lower legs anterior, between the ankles and mid-tib/fib. I haven't had any leg cramps literally in decades; so this was definitely unusual for me. I tried stretching and relaxing my feet; but this only exacerbated the cramping. I ended up using Icy-Hot cream on my legs. This was able to get things to relax. However, three days later, that same area on both legs is tender, sore and very tight.

The pain in my mid-back over the R kidney continues unabated. I haven't yet called my doc simply because I don't have a way to get there. While the pain has not intensified any further, it still doubles me over when I move in whatever way that aggravates it.  My next nephrology appointment is on Nov. 1st; I may just end up waiting until then. I don't know.

The ammonia smell I experience has taken a step towards the worse. I had become sort of used to it--though I am constantly aware of it--but now it is definitely intensified to a much stronger, more intense odor. Nasty stuff.  Still no obvious skin odors, however; and no ammonia crystallization.

My appetite has remained poor, and my liquid intake, as well. I'm averaging about 1.25 cups of food per day (snacking included), and approximately 40-50 Oz's of liquids. I just have no appetite and am thirsty very little.

However, my urinary output is staying somewhat consistent in volume and occurances. I have had two or three incidents when my bladder felt full, only to have very little flow or volume. The cloudiness of my urine remains high, the color is consistent, and the foaminess is high. No signs of blood. 

My headache, now a few weeks short of two years in duration, has been averaging a solid 8-8.5, with occasional forays into the 9.5's+

And...that's all I can remember for today.

I will keep you updated on that pain in my back, and what I end up doing about it; and when.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment