Thursday, October 13, 2011

13 October 2011

In the two days since my last post, things with my symptoms have done an uptick.

My sleep remain all over the place. My naps the last two days have been three hours and four hours respectively. So far today, I haven't fallen asleep. My exhaustion remains as prevalent and (excuse me...) exhaustive as ever.

The pain in my back over the R kidney has gotten worse. I can feel it constantly now, and still aggravate it when bending or moving certain ways. When I do, my whole body reacts and I can only wait for the pain to decrease. If this keeps up over the weekend, I'll call my doc on Monday morning.

The headache has become significantly nastier, and with little or no letup. The T3's are barely keeping the worst of the headache at bay. 

My lower legs are swelling again every day. (I haven't yet noticed any increase in my hands). I am drinking far less than I should be, but the edema kicks in ad does its [now usual] morning to night cycle. Yesterday I awoke to reduced swelling in my feet, but it was not as minimal as I've previously seen.  Though my feet didn't swell to anything huge [last night], the edema did increase significantly.

My appetite has gotten worse over the last few days. I am snacking very little, and my one meal of the day has averaged about a cup of food. I estimate my liquid intake to be about 40 Oz's/day.

As far as my urinary characteristics, I am voiding around eight times/day. My urine has been cloudy most of the time the last week or so; the foaminess remains high, and the color has been consistently yellow to light amber. Still no obvious sign of blood, and no kidney stones.

The vertigo, recently held in check for whatever reason, is making its comeback. I am leaning against walls again, relying on my cane to keep me on my feet [when outside the house], and have awoken several times with mild spinning of the room. I don't understand why it reduced in the first place; but I'm absolutely grateful for the brief respite.

So, after all of that, it is clear that my little break is over, and the major symptomology is breaking through once again. As I've stated earlier, I don't know why these breaks happen; but I am eternally grateful they do, because the breaks allow me to rejuvenate my batteries--both mentally and physically--and face the daily grind that the S/S's (Signs and Symptoms) exert upon my mind and body.

I continue to receive many words of strength and encouragement from many friends. Their words and support are invaluable to me in this fight. Knowing I am not alone brings great comfort and helps me to remain strong against the tide of darkness and despair that might otherwise envelope me as this whole experience drags on to its conclusion.
My Thanks and Heart-felt appreciation to everyone for all that you do for me!

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment