Monday, June 21, 2010

21 June 10

A HUGE surprise today!

My bloodwork came back nearly unchanged from two months ago. My kidney function remains at approximately 21%. That is an unusual development in that I have been losing around 1% a month since first diagnosis.

Also, my BP is awesome at 120/70 (definitely good news!).

My Createnine and Protein levels have remained constant, too.

I lost 16 pounds since April--though certainly not in a healthy way.

So, now I get to wait two more months until my next appointment. No scheduling for fistula implant, or anything else. I will continue on with the pharmaceuticals as I have been.

I asked about why my kidneys have been hurting. My doc stated it is not the kidneys themselves (they have no nerves!). It is either my back, or it might be cysts that are abnormally large pressing on something. Only a CT scan would be able to tell us if that was the case. I'll have my PT doc do a good exam on my back to see if that is indeed the cause.

That's all the latest. At least I now can focus on holding steady for the next two months. The nausea and everything else are all a part of the disease, so I'm sure I will need to continue managing those symptoms as well.
I will continue keeping you updated.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment