Friday, June 4, 2010

04 June 10

Three days was a good run.

I got a nice decrease in the S/S's of the PCKD for a few days. Unfortunately, it ended yesterday with the nausea ramping up, the headache intensifying, kidney pain increasing, etc. Like I stated earlier though, I am just thankful for the respite, no matter how long or short a time.

I've got my next nephrology appointment coming up on the 21st of this month. As usual, I'll be getting a blood draw a week ahead of time for the CBC, Renal panel, etc. Unless there is an increase in my kidney function, I won't be surprised by the results. My last tests showed I was at 21% function--just above stage 5 of the disease. It will have been two months since my last visit. My kidney function has been decreasing at about 1% per month since the diagnosis; so, a 19% function rate [on the upcoming tests] would be in line with what has already been occurring.

My sleep continues to be screwy. As usual these days, I can't get to sleep until early morning (3a-6a), then sleep for about 5-6 hours. The last week or so, I've been sleeping more, but wake up feeling tired; like the sleep I'm getting does not have much REM time. I don't know. It would seem that being tired all the time is becoming a new norm. I've even had friends tell me that I look tired every time they see me--this after a "good" night of sleep!
I'll continue to observe.

In spite of all of this, I continue to work every day to keep my mind in a good, positive place. It is a definite challenge to do so as time goes by, and the disease worsens; and some days I'm not successful at all. But, I still try every day to be positive and upbeat.

That's all I've got for now. Let's have a great weekend!

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment