Sunday, June 6, 2010

06 June 10

It's been a very rough two days since my last entry.

Around 3a on Saturday morning I started getting nauseated. It increased slowly, and I was using Pepcid, Tums, Emetrol and Coke in a series of unsuccessful attempts to alleviate the nausea. By 5a, the nausea had grown so bad I could no longer rest either sitting or laying. Though it never got to the actual point of emesis, I was on the verge for a good three hours. My abdomen was tender, my stomach ached, and I felt flush. Miserable is a good word to describe how I was feeling.

I finally got it to settle down (after a total of 4.5 hours!) by repeated doses of Tums, Emetrol, and Coke. I finally got to sleep at 1030a, but only slept for five hours due to being awakened by more nausea. Since yesterday, the nausea has been controllable--but only just barely.

In all of this, my headache increased, my kidneys hurt more, and my vision became blurry.

I'll be calling my doctor tomorrow for a prescription nausea med. Hopefully this will take care of things when I feel that bad.

I'll continue to keep you apprised.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment