Saturday, June 19, 2010

19 June 10

Yesterday was a terrible day!

The nausea and headache were both about normal, but my kidneys were terribly painful nearly all day. Pain meds were barely denting things. Plus, as my kidneys continued aching, my mood went south really fast as well. I was NOT happy camper by any stretch.

Luckily, I was able to contact one of my support friends. She was able to help me get my mind in a better place. I am so thankful for my friends. Without them, this would be far, far more difficult.

Today, was better...until this evening (as I type this entry). My headache has been tolerable, and my nausea minimal. My kidneys have been hurting all day, though the pain is ratcheting up so far this evening. So, a mixed day.

I've got my next nephrology appointment on Monday. I won't do another entry before then. As the appt. gets closer I am finding myself a bit nervous, and I don't know why. Maybe it's because I want to be in Stage 5. This would mean that I'm getting close to intervention beyond pharmaceuticals. If I'm not, then I get to wait, feeling as awful as I do, at least another 1-2 months before moving forward; and we all know how much fun I'm having! Just a lot of uncertainty right now. I want to know one way or the other so I can concentrate on holding steady, or moving towards interventions.

I've been on my walks every day this week that the weather was nice. I got in 4 walks, I believe. Again, I am sitting more that walking, but at least I'm getting outside, being productive and proactive. The walks intensify any pain I am feeling in my kidneys, but I can tolerate that in order to be doing these walks.

Personally, the walks use up just about all of my energy for the day. Again, that's OK. It is a sacrifice I am willing to make. In the long run, the benefits will be greater than the pain I must put up with.

That's all for now. My next entry (on Monday?) will have the latest on where things are at. I'll include as much detail as I can remember. Until then...

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment