Thursday, July 26, 2012

25 July 2012

Well...

I know it has been a while since my last entry, but with every other day being pretty much non-existant to me, time goes by faster than ever.

Today, I will make this brief because I have to be up in five hours to be getting to my next round of dialysis. So lets do this in generalities.

-My energy is up on my "off" days. Not a lot, but it is definitely improved.

-My weight is now down to 227 pounds (on average), and I am still not at my dry weight.

-I am still sleepy most of the time, but my off night rest is still longer at about 9.5 hours.

-My appetite seems to be up, but I have noticed that I am eating less throughout the day.

-My liquid intake has decreased significantly. I was actually expecting this.

-Along with that, my average urinary output has also decreased.

-I am enjoying the increased mental clarity I am seeing the day after treatment. Very Nice!

-The dialysis center has begun to establish "button holes" in my fistula. These are permanent access sites that will be used repeatedly for canulation.

-So far, my labs are looking good. Nothing alarming.

-We are still looking for my dry weight because my legs are still cramping during dialysis. Right now, I am having an average of about one kilogram --or 2.2 pounds, which equals just over a quart-- of water weight removed during dialysis.

That's all I can think of right now. Hopefully, I will remember to write a better entry on Friday, my next "off" day.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment