Thursday, July 5, 2012

05 July 2012

I hope that all you US citizens had an enjoyable Fourth of July, as we celebrated our Independence gained 236 years ago. I spent the day with friends who are more a part of my family, and we ate lots, had great conversation, and got to see a great fireworks show from their porch. For me, it was a great holiday, and a very enjoyable time out of the house.

Alright, let's start with news.
I will begin dialysis next Tuesday, 10 July. I do not yet know the time as the dialysis center is fitting me into an already fully booked schedule. Like I have already stated, I will do in-center dialyzing for a few weeks to see how my body reacts to it. If I find little relief from the Tx's (treatments), I will likely begin training to start home hemo. Only time will tell how that goes.

I took another brief tour of the dialysis center--in this case, Davita Dialysis, a national company that is affiliated with my Nephrologists office. I learned a few things that I want to pass on to you.
1) Take a small 'kit' with me every session. This kit should include a blanket, a small pillow, slippers, headphones (for watching TV), and books or magazines if I choose. The blanket is to help keep me warm as the room is kept at a cool 60 or so degrees.
2) I will be weighed pre and post treatment every session, plus have labs done each time as well so they can keep track of how much dialyzing I need to do from Tx to Tx.
3) I can bring something to eat if I choose. Right now I don't think this will be an issue as my appetite is so poor anyhow.
4) My life is forever changed once I start--until I get a transplant, at least.

So, it will finally start next Tuesday...yay...

I have continued to weigh myself twice daily. The first eight days my average weight gain and loss are as follows:  Daily Gain (+3.15 pounds);  Daily Loss (-3.05 pounds).  My body is definitely fluctuating!

Everything continues to be elevated. The headache is still more intense, my exhaustion is still overwhelming, the edema is taking nasty swings from mild to severe, and I am feeling so incredibly lousy all of the time! I can't think of how to better elaborate on these things, so I will just leave it as I stated above.

I know that I am forgetting something...but I just can't remember. Oh well.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment