Monday, July 9, 2012

09 July 20012

Alright...

So that I don't have a bunch of catch-up to do on my next entry [that talks about starting dialysis], I decided to get that done now so that I can purely concentrate on the treatment next time.

Weight Gain/Loss: Over the last six days my average daily weight gain has been 3.50 pounds. My average daily weight loss has also been 3.50 pounds. That is pure water weight from day to day. I gain it through consumption of foods and liquids and lose it via urination, respiration and conduction.

I had two and a half days of uncontrolled diarrhea again. It has been since March or April that I last had this happen. Luckily this time it didn't last for four+ days.

My sleep continues to be unrestful. I am averaging about 8.5 hours per night, plus naps of between 20 minutes and four hours. Often, I am getting multiple naps of 30-45 minutes every day. On average, I estimate that I am getting between 11-13 hours of unproductive sleep every single day.
I say unproductive because no matter how much or how little sleep, my exhaustion 24/7 is total. What energy I do get from my sleep is used up within 10-15 minutes. That's it. After that I am pretty much useless.

The headache (now 32 months) is as strong and unrelenting as ever. It continues to average a solid 9.75.

My bilateral flank pain (over both kidneys) continues without a break as well. No relief, and sitting comfortably in most chairs is nearly impossible. Even my recliner is not as relaxing as it has been. It is now taking very little pressure on the kidneys to flare the pain level.

My appetite has actually increased for some reason. Maybe I am just tolerating food better. In any event, I have been averaging about 2 cups of food intake per day, plus liquids. I'll certainly take that!

That's all that my tied brain can think of.

Hopefully, I will write again tomorrow to tell you about my first dialysis treatment. I will be taking pictures, too. Then on Wednesday morning, I have an appointment with the Neurologist. I will write about that visit, too. Wish me luck...

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment