Thursday, March 1, 2012

01 March 2012

Well, for the last week things have been pretty much steady.

Aside from one day when most everything eased up a tad--giving me a bit of a break--steady really is the word to describe how things have been:

-The headache continues to be terrible. No let-up of any sort here.
-The edema continues its [now] normal cycle of swelling throughout the day, then decrease when I sleep at night, etc.
-My sleep is still pattern-less, as are the naps that range from 2-4 hours, and always at varying times of the day.
-Urinary characteristics are holding steady in just about every way.
-Still no ammonia crystallization on my skin; but, my breath once again smells stronger with ammonia. Plus, it remains just plain nasty all the time, too.
-The bilateral flank pain is constant, and I've again encountered positional flareups while sitting, standing and laying.
-Still no kidney stones or any obvious blood in my urine.
-I am in complete control of my dreams again; which tells me that I am doing well mentally (which I already knew).
-The incidences of leg cramps has actually decreased...which is great.
-I've been feeling ill about the same as the last few months.
-Nausea has decreased a bit, which really helps me endure this whole thing.
-I've been getting really cold this last week. My feet feel frozen under warm blankets, I am shivering under a fleece coat and two blankets, and I am cold in a 75 degree room...frozen, would be a better description.

So, pretty much steady. Too bad. I'd really like some progress towards dialysis; but at the same time, I'm not looking forward to that whole thing. Hmmm...

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment