Monday, March 12, 2012

12 March 2012

I've had changes since my last entry; and not all of them are good.

Let's start with the positive:

-My sleep has improved. This week I have averaged about 7.5 hours of decent sleep. Plus, I have actually taken a few naps for the first time in a few weeks. These naps have averaged 3.5 hours in length. I feel a touch more rested because of this.

-The headache, now nearly 28 month in continuous length, has help steady at about an 8.5. It's a bit of a break; and a very welcomed one at that!

-Nausea has been a near non-factor--at least any major nausea. I still feel sick every time I eat; but I'm talking about the nasty nausea that has been so prevelant. I haven't taken any promethazine in a week! Yay!!

Now, the rest:

-Lots of bilateral flank pain. The pain is happening 24/7 now. Still having positional flareups as well. I have taken a few T3's more because of the flank pain than because of the headache.

-The ill feeling is making a resurgence. Most of the time it's been OK; but last Saturday is hit me really hard, leaving me quite miserable the whole day. Sunday and today have been better, but it is still there.

-My appetite has fallen off again. I am again averaging about .75 cups of food every day. This number takes into account that on Friday I ate nothing all day. I just wasn't feeling well and didn't want to eat. Also, I have been doing almost zero snacking. I've hit one of those stretches in which food just isn't appealing.

-Edema is again a bit worse. More swelling in my hands, and lots more in my lower legs and feet. Even the usual cycle of less swelling in the morning has been broken. The edemic increase is nothing major, mind you; it's just out of its normal pattern, and has been for about two weeks now.

I had a few more things I wanted to talk about, but I suddenly don't remember what they were. (Aaargh!)   So, rather than get frustrated by this, I'll just wrap it up.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment