Monday, March 19, 2012

19 March 2012

Well, another downturn. Unfortunately, I allowed a full week to sneak by without getting an entry done so I don't remember the order that things have happened.

Nausea. This has slammed me out of nowhere. In the past week I have taken more Promethazine than in the two or three preceding weeks. It has hit me really hard. No fun.

Headache. Intense; pounding; misery; unrelenting...that pretty much sums it up. The average headache has increased from an 8.5 up to a solid 9.5+. There are zero TMD complications, so this is all PCKD related.

Exhaustion. Constant is the best adjective I can come up with to describe how this is right now. Always there, always impacting literally everything I do. I am falling asleep at my computer more often than not.

Flank Pain. It seems to be worsening slightly as the week has progressed. LOTS of resting pain, accentuated by more positional flareups. I have again taken T3s specifically for flank pain.

Appetite. Up and down....up and down...etc. The nausea I get whenever I eat has continued no matter what. Sometimes it is lite, other times it is nasty. Of course, this only continues to negatively impact my appetite a/o desire to eat. My daily average intake remains at about .75 cups/day.

I have been using mouthwash throughout the day to see if it helps cut down on my ammonia breath at all, or the nasty taste I always have. So far, it does take some of the icks away. The amount that is reduced is around 30%. While not a resounding success, it does represent an improvement. I'll keep using the mouthwash at least until I use up the bottle. After that, we'll see.

That's all for now. I'm starting to fall asleep again, so I'd better go.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

1 comment:

  1. Oh my. After your last post I was truly praying that the nausea would remain at a minimum and sleep at the 7.5 average ...

    So - the mouthwash HAS to be the most positive thing here :) Sounds like it might be an expensive way to prevent the ammonia-ness.

    Thanks for your commitment to this blog Scott. It must be so very hard sometimes to motivate yourself to do it - but know that it IS appreciated!

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete