Saturday, March 24, 2012

24 March 2012

I have never begun a blog in which I have nothing positive to share. It's been an especially tough stretch since I last wrote.

The flank pain has been especially bad. It has been affecting even my ability to walk well (even with using my cane). I start out my day OK, but as it progresses the flank pain increases to the point of being extremely painful. This is a bilateral pain that also continues to exhibit positional flareups. No fun at all.

The nausea continues to be worse. Since my last blog, I have had four nasty episodes of nausea. It has followed the exact same pattern each time--I am doing OK then...wham! Within literally a minute I am overcome with body bending nausea. Only Promethazine makes it go away. Additionally, my taking my twice-daily meds has produced additional nausea every time this past week. Even if I have a little food in my stomach, I am still getting nauseated just from taking my meds.

The headache remains unbearable. No change either way on that one.

My breath has gotten worse. The mouthwash is now less effective than it was just last week. The ammonia smell on my breath is ridiculously strong to others.

The edema in my feet and hands is still at its increased level. No letup here, either.

My urine has been darker than normal a few days in a row. The other characteristics are unchanged. Still no evidence of kidney stones however.

I've even had a couple of rough days mentally because of all of this. Yeah, I always rebound to my usual self; but to know that I have struggled mentally is concerning to me.

That's all I've got for today. I'm exhausted [at 130p], and just too tired to think about anything more to write today.

Let's hope for a much better entry next time!

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment