Friday, February 24, 2012

24 February 2012

Well, in the last six days I haven't had any worsening of most of my S/S's.

About the only exception to that is the peripheral edema. I've had a few episodes of increased swelling. One evening my lower legs went from mildly edemic to severe in a matter of 90 minutes, or so. When my legs swell like that the rebound test is +5 color, and +15 rebound. After the latest episode of severe pedal edema, my L ankle was all purple, and just looked ugly.
 My hands have also shown noticeable edemic increase. I can see it easily in my fingers and the back of my hands. When the edema increases in my hands my fingers feel tight, and the rest of my hand itches and also feels tight.

The flank pain remains constant. I am always aware of it, and have noticed increasing positional pain--though it has not become severe, at this point.

My eyesight has been terrible and badly out of focus the last four or five days. So much so that even my reading glasses don't help much. Mind you, I'm talking about my near-sightedness. My far-sightedness is perfectly great.

The headache remains as it constantly is. No letup, no relief. The headache is now at 27 months (and counting) since onset.

Anyway, because things have been so consistent, that's about all I've got for this update.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment