Wednesday, July 27, 2011

27 July 2011

Up and down since my last entry on Sunday.

I finished off Sunday feeling as lousy as I had been all day. On awaking Monday I was feeling a bit better, and the edema in my legs had reduced around 50%. Of course, the headache was untouched; but at least I felt a little better overall. This continued throughout the day.

Tuesday I awoke feeling even better than I had on Monday. My feet looked like feet again, the nausea was minimal, and I actually felt OK. So my day went well; and it was highlighted by a magnificent thundershower that dumped around 1.5 inches of rain. I love the smell of rain and of lightning. I stood on our deck just listening to the storm, taking in the smells and the sounds. It was a good day.

That all changed however, when I was awoken at 420a with intense nausea. I took a full dose of the Promethazine and had my usual grueling 25 minute wait for it (the anti-emetic) to kick in. Plus, I had a ton of vertigo happening, which certainly didn't help my stomach. Once the med kicked in, I experienced a slow reduction of nausea, and a slow retreat from the vertigo; and I was finally able to sleep about an hour after I first awoke.
Because of the Promethazine, I slept until 115p...at least I got plenty of sleep.

So far today I feel alright. My head hurts...a lot. The nausea is gone, but I feel as if it is just waiting to burst out again. Of course I am groggy as well because of the anti-emetic; but at least I don't feel like I did early this morning!

That's all for now. Let's hope I have a better few days upcoming.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment