Tuesday, July 5, 2011

05 July 2011

The last three days have not been good...or even OK.

Saturday found me with lots of nausea. I took two doses of Promethazine (anti-emetic); one in the early morning, and one in the evening. Because of the first dose I slept until nearly three o'clock in the afternoon. The rest of my day was groggy, and I didn't do much besides battle the ever-present headache, and take it easy all day. I had to take my second dose of Promethazine in the evening due to the persistent nausea. As before, the nausea once again got really intense before the anti-emetic kicked in. My sleep on Saturday night was very restless in spite of the meds.

Sunday found me dealing with more of the same all day long. Plus, I felt incredibly exhausted like I'd just gone out and worked myself until I had no more energy. I also had a ton of vertigo plaguing me all day. Lots of wall hugging most of Sunday. Because of this I only ate once on Sunday, at around 7p. As is now usual, the food I was eating upset my stomach as soon as I started eating. I've learned to just power through the nausea [when eating] so I get food in my body. Don't get me wrong...I feel every wave of nausea that washes over me when eating; which isn't any fun in any connotation. It's just vital that my body has fuel to burn.

Yesterday, the Fourth of July, was really bad. I again had to take anti-emetic early in the morning (around 6a) because nausea woke me up...again. I slept until nearly noon, and subsequently felt terrible all day. Grogginess was non-stop, and the nausea was constantly present. So, I took a half-dose of Promethazine which only intensified the groggy feeling. As a result, I slept off and on literally all day. I ate nothing at all (not even snacks)because I wasn't hungry--not that I felt like eating anyway...  When I was awake I had lots of vertigo. I only just stopped myself from falling a number of times throughout the day. Plus, my legs had lots of edema and were very painful to walk on, which certainly didn't help my ability to balance. All in all, yesterday was pretty sucky!
I finally went to bed at 930p after sleeping in my recliner for most of the afternoon. I was awoken two hours later with more nausea; so I took more Promethazine, and then slept until 830a today.

So far today I have felt better; well, at least relatively. At least I haven't taken any anti-emetic yet. But, any food I've eaten has upset my stomach more than usual. C'est La Vie. At least I feel better than yesterday...so far.

I've got my nephrologist appointment tomorrow. I'll have the results from last weeks' lab draws, as well as anything that is discussed. I'll tell you all about the latest.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment