Sunday, July 24, 2011

24 July 2011

It's been a lousy few days.

Since my last entry [on the 19th], my nausea has increased and stayed there. Then last night it elevated again and has yet to decrease. I feel awful today, and I need to put on a smiling face for the celebrations of my son's 25th birthday; as well as playing with grand kids, of course. (I literally just now found out that there'll be a houseful of people coming in 2.5 hours...yay...)

My headache has been just barely under control. T3 use has increased to over four per day. One at a time hasn't been getting past the breakthrough headache. Just nasty. Luckily, taking one followed by another an hour later seems to keep things [barely] under control for about the normal 6-7 hours.

My appetite remains poor. Plus, any hunger pangs I get are rapidly turned into nauseous waves that really hammer my stomach. As a result, I am continuing to take Promethazine more frequently than I'd like to. (At least I've got the anti-emetic. Otherwise, life would be no fun!)

My sleep has been poor. I've been getting solid sleep, but I can't seem to get more than six hours per night. Yes, I continue to take the long naps; but that hasn't been an issue with my nightly sleep length up until this past week or so.

Edema is continuing to be bad in my legs, and is nearly constant in my arms and hands now. The last few days my feet have looked as if they belong on a Hobbit instead of me. Rebound time in my feet has averaged +15, and I can usually press in a dimple of around 1/3 inch deep. Color return has been at least +3. As I reported before, elevating my legs actually hurts my calves due to (I believe) edemic pressure. I still elevate my legs, but for briefer periods of time.

The vertigo continues. Any optical over-stimulation triggers it without warning. I still awaken occasionally to the room spinning wildly, and closing my eyes only intensifies the sensation. I still use--and rely on--the cane to keep me vertical anytime I'm away from the house. Additionally, lots of vertigo also triggers additional nausea (on top of what I already have). Weeeee!

Remember the problem I was having [because of all my meds] with flaking skin on my face? Well, after taking my docs advice on a solution, I am happy to report as a follow-up that the flaking seems to be completely gone. I last reported it as being under control; but now, weeks later, I see no evidence of the flaking. I figure so long as I continue the same regimen and product, that it will remain controlled.

That's all I can think of for today. I'm going to go lie down and rest awhile before the festivities begin.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment