Friday, August 5, 2011

05 Aug. 2011

I know it's been a while since my last entry. This is partly due to having issues with internet access. The other part is because I've been feeling horrid most of this last while.

My worst day was this past Tuesday (02 Aug.). I awoke feeling extremely nauseated, and my head was raging. The first thing I did was take a half dose of Promethazine. This failed to alleviate the nausea, and I ended up taking a small dose (1/4) about an hour later, then another small dose about two hours after that. I never did feel better than mildly nauseated. In the mean time I had to address my headache; which was at a solid 10.

I started out with two T3's. This barely touched the pain. After three hours I couldn't take it anymore and took a third T3. This got the headache to back off to a manageable 9. For the remainder of the day I had at least two T3's in me at all times.

In addition to these two nasty things, I had zero energy. My whole body felt as if I had been awake for days. I couldn't eat; I barely drank anything--not that I wanted to have either anyway because of the nausea. Plus, my urine was very cloudy and strongly odoriferous.

To tell you I was miserable would be understating things by a vast margin. Eeew!

Sine Tuesday my headache has not diminished. I've even used my TMD occlusive devices just to eliminate TMD complications; which didn't help at all.

As to good news, my appetite is back a little. On Wednesday I ate all of about 3/4 cup of food; then about 1.5 cups on Thursday. Today was about the same as Thursday. So that is good news at least. Also, the nausea has retreated to its normal incidences. I have no idea why the sudden increase; I'm just glad it's over.

My fistula is getting stronger. I can now feel its pulsations along the length of my arm, and can accurately follow the vein to the crook of my elbow. On the annoying side, I can feel the pulsing in my palm, in my bicep, and can feel it anytime the fistula is resting against my torso, in my chest! It's so annoying. Further, if I have my left arm under my pillow at night, I can hear the Thrill of the pulsations through the pillow. It's really quite loud, actually! Oh well. C'est La Vie. I'd rather have it than not.

The other days not covered above have been a bit worse than my norm. I don't know what's going on. Just progression of the disease I suppose. I'll know in another month how things are going. Because I'm on one of those plateaus (before heading down again), my nephrologist is waiting two months between last visit and next. So, unless something dramatic happens, I won't be seeing him until early September.

That's all. My head is killing me...again. So I'll be on my way.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment