Monday, May 31, 2010

31 May 10

First off, I hope that everyone enjoys this Memorial Day holiday; and, that you take a few minutes to reflect upon those who have given their lives to establish and defend this country.

Well, in the six days since my last entry, things continue to go up and down for me. Today, for instance, is a good day. I'm not overly nauseated, kidney pain is...better, and I actually ate already! Let's hope that the "good" day I'm having holds up.

Over the previous five days however, things have not been as up as today. LOTS of nausea, kidney pain and intense headaches (usually at a 7 or higher!). I have been eating [literally] next to nothing the last few days. I'm just not hungry. My sleep has not been restful, and I've been out of the house only a couple of times...I just wasn't feeling up to doing anything.

So, unlike I had wished for, the week never did get better. Oh well...It's a new week, and I'm already off on a good start! Let's see if I can continue this 'streak' of feeling better! But you know...it really doesn't matter how many days in a row I feel good. I just appreciate getting even a brief rest from the usual day to day. Every time it happens I will enjoy my day, probably over-do things (and completely exhaust myself in the process!), go out and about, see a movie, go on a walk, laughing and smiling and just enjoying my life!

I have noticed that even when taking the diuretic that my urinary output has lessened even from when I first took it a month ago. I had been taking the diuretic every other day (or less), but have since increased it to every day because of the decreased volume filtering through my kidneys. (My doc already said I could take it every day if I thought I needed to.) You can visibly see the edema in my legs as my ankle bones are nearly indistinguishable now, and my feet are looking bloated. Plus, there's the itching on my feet and lower legs that my doc said would be evidenced as the skin is being stretched from the edema.

I have also been told that my skin is looking a bit ashen in color. This, very simply, means that the skin cells are not being properly oxygenated. Something related to toxin levels, decreased RBC production (anemia), and less O2 exchange in the alveoli because of these things. (I'm not really sure of all the pathophysiology involved.) Anyway, No surprise there!

So there you have it...All caught up!

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment