Monday, May 3, 2010

03 May 10

The back pain I was experiencing is a little better.

Sometime over the weekend it subsided to a more comfortable level. I don't know why, but I ain't gonna question it! I will absolutely enjoy life while the pain is subsided!

Also, the diuretic I was prescribed had not had the intense effect I was expecting. I had previously been on a diuretic when I was first diagnosed with High Blood Pressure ten years ago (when I had full kidney function). The first time I took that diuretic I thought I'd never stop urinating! So, I was expecting a similar result this time. I can only surmise that my decreased kidney function is the reason a like result did not happen. To be sure, my urinary output has increased; just not dramatically.

Here's an odd aside for you.

I normally get my haircut once a month--every month. Any longer a time frame and my hair grows far too much. Anyway, both my hairdresser and I have noticed that since the rapid advancement of the disease, my hair is growing slower, is drier than it ever has been, has gotten more grey, and has developed directional growth patters than it has never had. Also, my scalp has dried out significantly and I now have dandruff all the time. This again, has all developed since last Fall. I have been using the same hairdresser for eight years, so she knows my hair. Jolene, my stylist, thinks it is not only the disease, but the meds I am on as well. She has occasionally seen other clients who have experienced a change in hair and scalp conditions when they were placed on a number of meds.
Dang it! Here I thought I was surely going to have thick, healthy, only slightly grey hair well into my years ahead. :o)

That's all I've got today. As always, I hope you are healthy, happy and striving towards success in all that you do.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment