Friday, December 18, 2009

18 Dec. 09

In the six days since my last update there hasn't been much change.

The headaches are non-stop for over a month now. Though not debilitating, they are certainly painful. On my 1-10 (1 = minimal, 10 = vomiting, blackouts, etc.) scale of intensity, this ongoing headache has been averaging around a six. Tylenol will not even touch the pain. I know these headaches are not TMD related because I am utilizing the same treatments for these as I have for the past eight years and the headaches are blasting through the treatments. Also, after having had TMD for twenty five years, I know what they feel and taste like. Yes, I said taste.

As strange as it seems, my TMD (Temporo Mandibular Dysfunction) headaches actually produce the sensation of a metallic taste. It is very palpable. With these headaches, that taste just isn't there. Not even a hint. And, these feel different in every way.

My appetite is still terrible. I am trying to eat more every day by snacking every two hours, plus dinner. I'm still not past my usual four cups of food, but I am working on it.

The past six days my sleep has been worse. Restlessness, uncomfortable, my body going between hot and cold, etc. all adds up to poor sleep. I'm walking around tired most of the time.

Also, I continue to be cold almost all the time now. I'm wearing a fleece jacket most of the time--even indoors. Today I was at a movie and started getting terribly chilled. I was physically shaking from the cold. When I got home, it took five hours wrapped in blankets to get warm.

Not much good news today; but as always, I will continue to look towards better days, and feeling better.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment