Saturday, December 5, 2009

05 Dec. 09

The weather has turned really cold here in central Utah. Along with that, my ability to stay warm has also diminished.

As I stated in an earlier post, I have never lacked the ability to keep myself warm simply because my hypothalamus (the 'thermostat of the body') has always worked overtime. Warmth was never an issue. Recently though, I have been unable to stay warm; even on just a mildly cool day. With the weather turning downright sub-freezing, I cannot get warm at all. In a warm room, my hands are cold to the touch.

I spent nearly all of last evening bundled in multiple blankets in a failed attempt to get warm. Even as I write today's blog, the temp in the house is over 70 degrees, and I am cold all over.

Also, I've been having nasty headaches (the 24/7 kind) the past few weeks. Yesterday was particularly bad. On my 1-10 scale it was about an 8.5. I was popping 2000 mg's of Tylenol at a time with zero effect. I'm still treating my TMD headaches in my weekly physical therapy, so I doubt the TMD is the cause. So, that leaves meds and the PCKD as possible antagonists; both of which are possibilities.

Lastly, my appetite has increased a little bit, but still not enough to make a difference in energy levels. I will continue to try to eat a little more every day.

My next nephrology appointment is this Tuesday. I'm picking up the lab results from my last blood draw on Monday. I'll be sure to write about the appointment.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment