Thursday, November 29, 2012

28 Nov 2012: Labs and a Quick Update

My labs, I am learning, are not all taken at the same time. So, I will be noting the dates of the lab draws next to the value so that you, the readers, know when each value was last measured.

*Albumin (19 Nov):     4.70 g/dL  (+.30 g/dL from 16 Oct.)

*Hemoglobin (27 Nov):     11.60 g/dL  (-.60 g/dL from 19 Nov.)

*Ca+ Corrected (06 Nov):     9.60 mg/dL  (-.20 mg/dL from 02 Oct.)

*Phosphorous (06 Nov):     4.50 mg/dL   (+.30 mg/dL from 02 Oct.)

*PTH Intact (19 Nov):     95 pg/mL   (-21 pg/mL from 16 Oct.)

*K+ (Potassium) (19 Nov):     4.20 mEq/L   (No Change from 16 Oct.)

*URR (06 Nov):     75% effective   (+ 3% from 02 Oct.)

**CA+ = Calcium/ PTH = Parathyroid Hormone/ URR=Uremic Reduction Ratio
      Good Numbers        Bad Numbers

Next Tuesday, 04 Dec, I will have more labs drawn and will update those numbers as I get them--around the sixth, or so.

Yesterdays dialysis resulted in some nasty cramping in my ankles, feet and toes that really emerged while I was sleeping. Even under my electric blanket the cramping set in hard! I put on Icy-Hot ointment to help settle it down, as well as getting up and walking. Even though standing on my feet was terrible, it helped the cramping ease off as direct muscle pressure relieved the cramping. I ended up putting on my warm booties to keep both feet warm, then made sure I had my feet flat on the floor for hours that night.

Additionally, I am exhausted today. My day off and I feel like I have been drug through the ringer and left to just curl up and wither away. No energy, no stamina at all--which is worse than normal!--and utter physical and mental exhaustion. And in five hours from right now, I get to do it all over again! Yippee!!! I am struggling a bit today because of this exhaustion. I don't feel like I got a break from the dialysis at all. Maybe Friday will be better! One can only hope.

My flanks continue to be terrible. Even sitting in my cushy chair has become painful, and quicker to reach that point. Again, pain meds to regulate a bit of relief...at least for a little while.

My headache after yesterdays Tx was ridiculous. At the end of the Tx I immediately took two T3's (instead of my usual one) and even two meds failed to minimize the headache much at all. Nasty painful!
Today was better, and I was able to avoid taking any meds for most of the day. But between my kidneys and the headache, I finally gave in at 500p in order to get both under control once more.

My appetite is still all over the place. I rarely eat anything for breakfast--nothing new there--and any lunches I eat (aside from Tx day) are minimal. My dinners range between small and filling; but again, no consistency in overall food or liquid intake.

My sleep has been all over the place. I am averaging about six hours at night, taking naps during the day, and feeling thoroughly exhausted all of the time. However, even when I do get eight or nine hours, I still awaken completely exhausted.

That's it for now. I need to get some sleep before dialysis...which is now less than five hours from now!

Good Health to All!

ScottW

P.s  I took a self photo the other day to update a visual record of how this is affecting me physically. Here is the latest:





No comments:

Post a Comment